Regional Area: New Orleans Metro Area
Primary Background: Crew
Secondary Background: Crew
Job Number: JN -102017-263
CLS is accepting applications for a 1600 Ton Captain with the following certifications. Let CLS get YOU on the hook with the great career opportunities and put your information in front of Maritime Industry-leading companies. Register with us today and let us get you working.
1600 Ton Captain / DPO Job Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the 1600 Captain will be to command the vessel to transport freight, equipment, passengers, and other cargo across oceans and coastal waters. You will be responsible for setting course using navigational equipment, such as area plotting sheets, charts, sextants, and your compass. The 1600 Captain / DPO will also ensure the crew and passengers observe safety and vessel regulations pertaining to ship efficiency. Finally, the captain will maintain a log of the vessel’s voyage and activity.
1600 Ton Captain / DPO Requirements and Certifications:
1. MMC with current dates.
2. 1600 Ton rating with Officer of the Watch endorsement(STCW II/1) on License along with your Basic Safety Training and VSO/VPDSD.
3. Current USCG Medical Certificate with valid National and STCW dates.
4. Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/3).
5. DP Operator's Certificate- DPO (Unlimited).
6. GMDSS General Operator's Certificate.
7. Ballast Control Operator (BCO) endorsement. (Optional)
8. Water Survival must be the T-HUET(Tropical Huet for client) or BOSIET.
9. Rigging cert (API-RP-2D standard).
10. USCG Physical & Drug screen current or will be taken upon qualification.
Apply for 1600 Ton Masters / Captains Through CLS Today!
If you are interested in a fun, challenging position and your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply to be a 1600 Ton Master / Captain today by emailing your resume to [email protected] A member of our Recruiting team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.