Regional Area: New Orleans Metro Area
Job Number: JN -092022-7156
CLS is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client in Metairie, La. The Administrative Assistant performs routine clerical and administrative functions. Contract to hire opportunity available for those who put their best feet forward!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and proof correspondence for grammar and punctuation.
- Coordinate with other departments and offices.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Use computers for various applications, such as business emails, database management, word processing, or spreadsheets.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Manage paper and electronic filing systems, record information, update paperwork and documentation.
- Operate office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, postage meters, or phone systems. Contact the appropriate personnel to arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars as requested.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Make copies and scans of correspondence or other printed material.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school is a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Deltek Vision Accounting software experience a plus.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.