Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -032022-6261
CLS is looking for self-motivated and professional Blending Assistants for a facility in Harahan. Our client is a locally owned beverage production company that has seen tremendous growth. Contract to hire opportunities are available for those who put their best feet forward!
- Weigh/measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements
- Maintain and ensure adherence to sanitation practices
· Follow procedures put in place to maintain a safe working environment and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Work with the Lead Blender and Quality Assurance team as needed to solve problems and maintain efficient production.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing
- Complete required documentation on the Batch Sheet per product specifications
- Transfer materials, supplies, and products between work areas using moving equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Unload mixtures into containers
- Add/mix ingredients for processing using blending machinery
- Safely dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment, using hand tools
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually in order to ensure conformance to established standards
- Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Operate machines to mix or blend ingredients per product specifications
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP's) for area of responsibility
- Comply with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste
· Able to use basic math skills and equipment to weigh and measure ingredients
· Able to apply standard production techniques, procedures and criteria
· Able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner
· Able to work independently as well as in a team
· Able to adapt to flexible production situations and workflow
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of food manufacturing experience preferred
- HACCP training course completion preferred
- Forklift operator certification preferred
· Ability to maintain single-task focus and situational awareness.
· Must be able to move and lift up to 40-pound wooden skid or pallet.
· Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected] A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.