Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -092022-7188
CLS is looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant for our client in Gretna, La. This position is responsible for carrying out day-to-day accounts receivables and payables activities. Contract to hire opportunity available for those who put their best feet forward!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sound written, math, and verbal communication skills
• Well-founded grasp of data entry
• Knowledgeable computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, as well as databases and customer database systems
• Develops and maintains strong external/internal team, client, and vendor relationships.
• Supports the administrative teams in overall office needs
• Performs collection activities, investigates outstanding invoices, and processes liens for collections when necessary
• Communicates with customers (internal and external) via telephone, email, and written correspondence to answer inquiries, provide information and resolve discrepancies
• Keeps detailed notes regarding past due invoices in the accounting system
• Research and monitors account receivables and collections activities to ensure that information is processed accurately and timely
• Processes labor and expense transfer to correct project/phase/task
• Processes final invoices and sends them to the client
• Accurately posts vendor invoices and credit card receipts, and files accordingly
• Preforms vendor bill pay activities, including by not limited to, confirming all vendor invoices are billed, research missing vendor invoices, prepare reports for unbilled vendor invoices, etc.
• Responsible for various office support and administrative duties
• Command of navigating basic office equipment and protocols
• Provide help when needed with various projects for other employees
• Log and track information
• Assists with mail, faxes, and answering phones
• High interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and three – five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical and scientific concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Power Point, and time keeping program. QuickBooks or other accounting software capabilities are a plus.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.