Regional Area: New Orleans Metro Area
Primary Background: Crew
Secondary Background: Crew
Job Number: JN -112017-310
CLS is On the Hook for an experienced Tugboat Captain (Master of Towing). We are currently accepting applications for a Tugboat Captain / Master of Towing with experience in tow lining, crew management, anchor handling, docking, and undocking. Let CLS get YOU on the hook with the great career opportunities and put your information in front of Maritime Industry-leading companies. Register with us today, and let us get you working.
Tugboat Captain Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking qualified applicants who are focused on the safe operation and navigation of a tugboat vessel. The tugboat captain will be responsible for managing the crew members and ensuring they are completing their required duties. Other responsibilities include:
· Managing the vessel safety, crew safety, and environmental protection
· Ensuring the completion of pre-voyage inspections and voyage planning
· Evaluate charts and make sure all information is up-to-date
· Complete all docking, undocking, and departure plans according to schedule
· Maintain efficient radio communications by keeping a log of all vessel to vessel communications
Tugboat Captain (Master of Towing) Requirements and Certifications:
1. MMC with current dates.
2. Master of Towing rating with Officer of the Watch endorsement(STCW II/1) on License along with your Basic Safety Training and VSO/VPDSD.
3. Current USCG Medical Certificate with valid National and STCW dates.
4. Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/3).
5. GMDSS General Operator's Certificate.
6. Water Survival must be the T-HUET(Tropical Huet for client) or BOSIET.
7. Rigging cert (API-RP-2D standard).
8. USCG Physical & Drug screen current or will be taken upon qualification.
Apply for Tugboat Captain Jobs Through CLS Today!
If you are interested in a fun, challenging position and your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply to be a tugboat captain (master of towing) today by emailing your resume to [email protected] A member of our Recruiting team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.