Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -052022-6611
CLS is searching for a Computer Support Technician to join our clients growing team in Downtown NOLA! If you are passionate about the arts and have jump started your Technical Career with a well rounded Tech Support background, we ave just the place for you with our internationally recognized client who is known as the leader in rare and important antiques, fine art and jewelry.
You should apply if:
You have a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, and positive attitude. The expertise you will bring include:
- Set up and install new hardware and software systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot computer issues.
- Maintain hardware and software by conducting regular maintenance and updates.
- Upgrade firmware, software, and outdated hardware systems.
- Monitor and maintain security systems and install updates.
- Provide technical support to users and resolve technical errors.
- Perform regular tests, upgrades, and backups.
- Prepare technical documents, such as error and maintenance reports.
- Create user documents and provide training on new computer systems.
Other skills the best applicant will attribute:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field OR 1+ years of experience as a computer technician or in a similar role.
- Certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional
- Proficiency in computer operating systems, such as MS Windows and MAC OS.
- Exceptional working knowledge of computer systems, including desktops, cloud-based systems, networks, servers, and system maintenance.
- Good understanding of computer equipment, including desktops, laptops, servers, printers.
- Strong in performance tuning, debugging, and testing.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to stay up to date with the latest advancements in hardware and software.
- Must be organized, detailed oriented, thorough, self-motivated, disciplined, flexible, patient and possess spontaneous decision capabilities.
- Self-management, initiative and individual judgment is expected.
This is primarily a sedentary office position with employees working in a controlled office environment. The employee answers telephone calls and occasionally bends, reaches, pushes, and pulls. Moves within the building to collect, deliver, and copy documents. The position uses a computer terminal to access, input and retrieve data. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard and calculator.
The following are needed to perform the essential functions of the position which include but are not limited to:
- Ability to raise or lower objects from one level or another (includes pushing and pulling) (up to 25lbs)
- Ability to routinely walk
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop and climb
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Ability to read documents for general understanding (correspondence/memos)
- Ability to read documents for analytical purposes, reading for high degree of accuracy (contracts/technical reports)
- Ability to view video display terminals (VTD) for extended periods of time
For further consideration or to get additional information about this opportunity, please register now! You can follow up on the status of your application or submit your resume by sending an email to [email protected] A member of our Diversified Recruiting team will reach out to all qualified applicants for an interview. 504-266-2994, extension 6.