Regional Area: Baton Rouge Metro Area
Job Number: JN -022023-7864
CLS is actively recruiting a Service Technician for one of our clients in Baton Rouge, LA. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a great company! They have an awesome benefits package and are rapidly growing. They are looking for a diesel engine technician with heavy machinery/equipment experience. It is a great opportunity for someone who understands heavy equipment electrical and is looking for a better work environment!
The Service Technician is the front-line/first-call for support and technical services for our valued customers. The Technician is responsible for the installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of technology and heavy machinery. In addition to managing ongoing product support and customer interactions, the Technician will also identify and cultivate new support business opportunities. Success in this position is heavily dependent upon the ability to understand, apply, and communicate machine control and site positioning technology solutions.
- Perform service work on customers' equipment including, but not limited to, diagnostics, testing, repair, calibration, upgrading and cleaning.
- Provide support and troubleshooting to customer and service technicians.
- Provide high-quality service that meets or exceeds our service standards.
- Provide technical support as needed for prompt, accurate resolution of unique or complex issues.
- Escalate unresolved customer and service technician issues.
- Be able to demonstrate and describe the functions and features of the core products and supplies in the store in order to advise customers on the best solutions for their businesses.
- Work closely with the Inventory Manager to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for parts inventory.
- Create a work order for each customer incident and properly document all appropriate information including all activity on customers' equipment for the purpose of tracking progress and facilitating the invoice process.
- Capture all pertinent customer information including, but not limited to, purchase orders, job site information, serial numbers, firmware version, warranty information, and upgrade codes.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in land surveying or in the construction industry preferred.
- Background in troubleshooting and repair of heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical background in electrical instrumentation is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Health Insurance (includes Vision Discount)
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- & much more!!
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.