Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -012023-7762
CLS is looking for Front End Loader Operators for our client in Braithwaite, La. Contract to hire opportunity!
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Performs a wide variety of tasks involving mobile and fixed equipment operation, conveyer systems barge un loadings and vessel loadings. Assist operators and maintenance personnel.
- Operate front end Loader to build and maintain piles of coal and petroleum coke in line with management pile size instructions.
- Push product to reclaiming machine in efficient manner to expedite the loading of marine vessels.
- Operate any other heavy equipment as needed to perform any work for which the equipment is designed, and operator is qualified for.
- Maintains housekeeping standards as part of fire safety program or as designated by location staff/management.
- Demonstrate and maintain behaviors that proactively support safe work practices while recognizing and communicating conditions of potential risk.
- Know and use established safety rules and regulations including “lock out- tag out” procedures.
- Responsible for checking equipment for damage or repairs needed and reporting information to Maintenance Supervisor or Terminal Manager.
- Make regular inspections of the transport systems and perform minor maintenance tasks such as adjusting and lubricating equipment, cleaning, washing, testing, replacing filters, hoses, and other minor maintenance as necessary to maximize port systems availability and reliability.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks such as repairing, adjusting and lubricating equipment, gauges, valves, hoses, and etc. as necessary to maximize machine availability/reliability and assist maintenance personnel as required.
- Complies with all procedures to ensure governmental, state, and company certification standards are met.
- Performs all duties assigned by the Shift Leader(s), Operations Manager(s), and Terminal Manager to make sure port operations continue without interruption.
- Ensure that safe equipment operating conditions are met before and during operation.
- Works closely, as needed, with flaggers when making lifts or rigging equipment or material.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- HS diploma / GED with experience operating heavy machinery.
- Previous heavy equipment operations experience preferred
- Ability to respond to issues quickly, safely and effectively in a fast-paced, stressful operating environment
- Valid driver’s license and TWIC or ability to obtain a TWIC required
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Ability to work on the river.
- Must be available to work varied hours, shifts including days/nights/weekends/holidays as required
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass physical
- Bending, lifting, hearing
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.