Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -112022-7462
CLS is looking for a Geotechnical Drafter for our client in Metairie, LA. Contract to hire opportunity available for those who put their best feet forward!
The Geotechnical Drafter drafts detailed topographical profiles as well as related maps and specifications used in planning and construction of geotechnical engineering projects such as highways, river and harbor improvements, flood control, and drainage by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from the Geotechnical Engineer.
- Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, other structures, etc.
- Drafts detailed drawings of structures and installations such as roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems, dikes, wharfs, and breakwaters.
- Computes volume of tonnage of excavations and fills and prepares graphs and hauling diagrams used in earthmoving operations.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.