Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -122021-5864
CLS is looking for a Maintenance Manager for our client in Jefferson, La. This is a Direct Hire opportunity! The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining, servicing, and troubleshooting equipment and site property, adjusting and/or performing mechanical/electrical repairs to the machines and equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
As a “hands-on working Maintenance Manager” this position will manage all aspects of maintaining company equipment to ensure a safe work environment and achieving full efficiency of all equipment through a proactive routine maintenance and replacement program.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- #1 Priority is to address any safety concerns that arise as soon as they become known.
- Actively look for unsafe work areas, or employee work practices, and resolve those issues, but not limited to, by taking personal action and/or directing Joval team members to physically resolve unsafe conditions.
· Actively coach/train subordinates in safe/efficient work practices
· Play an active role in the development of new procedures or revamping outdated procedures.
o Personally, develop procedures, where there are not currently printed procedures, and submit them for approval. Routinely recommend changes that might need to be made to existing procedures that would, but not limited to, create a safer work environment, safer/more efficient way for a team member to perform a task, improve the quality of products.
· Manage the tasks of maintenance team members and sub-contractors by way of the “Maintenance Project List”, as well as responding to emergency calls, and performing set weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance tasks
· Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls.
· Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem.
· Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components.
· Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery.
· Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing equipment.
· Troubleshoot electric, pneumatics, mechanical and hydraulics.
· Engage in continuous improvement projects.
· Supports assigned production line as needed with supervision.
· Communicates with Production Operators and Line Leader regarding line issues.
· Trains and assists in evaluating skills progression of other Maintenance Technicians
· Manages and orders spare parts through Facilities Clerk to ensure inventory is available.
· Develops and completes continuous improvement projects.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Must be an effective communicator and value teamwork.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed according to production schedule/need.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.