Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -042022-6387
CLS is looking for a Maintenance Technician for our client in Jefferson, La. Contract to hire opportunity available for those who put their best feet forward!
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- #1 Priority is to address any safety concerns that arise as soon as they become known.
- Actively look for unsafe work areas, or employee work practices, and resolve those issues by, but not limited to, by taking personal action and/or directing team members to physically resolve unsafe conditions.
· Play an active role in the development of new procedures or revamping outdated procedures.
o Assist with development of procedures, where there are not currently printed procedures, and submit them for approval. Routinely recommend changes that might need to be made to existing procedures that would, but not limited to, create a safer work environment, safer/more efficient way for a team member to perform a task, improve the quality of products.
· Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls.
· Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem.
· Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components.
· Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery.
· Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing equipment.
· Troubleshoot electric, pneumatics, mechanical and hydraulics.
· Engage in continuous improvement projects.
· Supports assigned production line as needed with supervision.
· Communicates with Production Operators and Line Leader regarding line issues.
· Manages and orders spare parts through Facilities Clerk to ensure inventory is available.
· Develops and completes continuous improvement projects.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Must be an effective communicator and value teamwork.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed according to production schedule/need.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.