Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -042022-6430
CLS is seeking a Maintenance Technician for our client in Marrero, La! The maintenance technician completes preventive maintenance prerequisites on mechanical equipment like motors, conveyors, production machines, pneumatic tools and engines thereby ensuring smooth operation of such machinery and mechanical gadgets. Contract to hire opportunity for those who put their best feet forward!
· Follows manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications, sketches, operation manuals, and diagrams, to diagnose and troubleshoot abnormalities.
· Identifies sources of complications by observing mechanical devices while in operation and tune in for issues by utilizing accuracy and inspection instruments.
· Takes out defective parts by disassembling mechanisms using cranes, hoists, and hand and power tools.
· Identifies changes in dimensional prerequisites of parts by examining utilized parts and making use of calipers, micrometers, rules and other measuring appliances.
· Realigns and controls instruments by utilizing plumb bobs, straight edges, hand tools and levels.
· Performs troubleshooting tasks and repair works on complex industrial machines.
· Weld, alter or fabricate components of equipment.
Desired Skills/Experience Technical Requirements:
· Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blue prints.
· Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Able to compute rate, ratio and percent.
· Able to communicate effectively one to one and before groups of employees of organization.
· Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Able to manage and work with people in a harmonious way to accomplish the tasks assigned to this job.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
· Excellent general understanding of hydraulic systems with display of mastery in troubleshooting by utilizing deductive reasoning and schematics
· Ability to work flexible and or extended hours and weekends (normal schedule: 50 hrs)
· Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
· Stable work history, preferably in an industrial environment
· Reliable transportation
· Committed to always working safely including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
· Positive attitude; good team player
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now, and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.