Regional Area: Lafayette (LA) Metro Area
Primary Background: Coordinator/Dispatcher
Job Number: JN -042018-559
The Marine Recruiter / Coordinator is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting by following recruiting plans, utilizing traditional sourcing resources and strategies as well as assist with development of new, creative recruiting ideas for the Operations Team in the Maritime, Construction and Diving Sectors.
- Work with hiring managers on forecasting recruiting needs.
- Partner with Operations Team to maintain a proactive recruiting approach.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to develop and maintain accurate job descriptions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting.
- Provide process improvement ideas to increase recruiting efficiency.
- Run Talent Rover position and headcount reports as requested.
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing and placement.
- Document Verification, processing, & data enrty
- Develop a pool of candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for recruiting qualified candidates.
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, social media, message boards, online job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Maintain the daily interaction with all candidates through the selection and interview process.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Maintain an accurate database of candidates utilizing Talent Rover.
- Develop pre-screening and interview questions.
- Conduct interviews to assess the candidate’s capabilities. Administer appropriate assessments through the client training matrix and ISNetworld TQ reports.
- Make timely hiring recommendations to the hiring manager.
- Prepare offer letter and all rejection letters as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recruiting experience in the Oil, Gas Marine and Diving sectors.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Maritime Degree program preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Macs and MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization and the general public.
- Experience with Salesforce, Talent Rover and Docusign preferred.
- Strong time management, organization skills and analytical skills are a plus.
- Demonstrates integrity, credibility and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current employment laws and ACA requirements.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Discrete & Ethical
Job Type: Full-time