Regional Area: Baton Rouge Metro Area
Job Number: JN -122021-5789
CLS is seeking a Mechanical Drafter for our client in Baton Rouge, La! This drafting position is a vital piece to their operation. Contract to hire opportunity for those who put their best feet forward!
- Interpret specifications and customer requirements to create/modify drawings
- Create shop drawings from customer-supplied prints
- Create shop drawings from conceptual designs
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Maintain electronic database for drawings and job file organization
- Assist with preparing end-of-job Repair Reports for customers
- Assist with preparing repair quotes
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex diagrams
- Convert point clouds to 3D models using software
- Associates Degree in CAD, or equivalent, with technical knowledge of mechanical drawings
- Previous experience in mechanical drafting, manufacturing
- Ability to draw parts (3D & 2D) and be proficient in CAD/CAM applications
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical drawings, geometric dimensions, tolerances and quality specifications.
- Familiarity with machining, welding and general shop processes
- Ability to work directly with shop employees, management and other support staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and rearrange priorities to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and highly organized
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now, and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.