Regional Area: New Orleans Metro Area
Job Number: JN -092021-5459
CLS is on the hook for Millwrights! They will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery to specifications. Millwrights use precision tools and processes to ensure that the machinery is installed and working properly.
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Will plan, inspect, verify, and document scope of work
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments, and other tools.
- Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors, and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders, and files.
- May construct foundations for machinery
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment, and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Will unload, inspect, move, and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- This position does not have any direct reports; however, the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated industrial construction and/or maintenance history experience
- Knowledge of and experience in use of hand tools, power tools and layout tools such as lasers, ultrasonic measuring and alignment tools, plumb bobs, cutting torches, welding machines, hydraulic torch wrenches, hydraulic stud tensioners, soldering guns and metal working equipment that includes lathes and grinding machines.
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial machinery and equipment
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals to determine work procedures
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists, and chains
- Demonstrated ability to use certified hand signals
- Organization and time management
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry, and layout
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Must have all Journeyman Precision Millwright hand tools – see tool list attachment
- Must have reliable transportation
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) Certification for Journeyman Industrial Millwright.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, and lifting.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull objects, materials, controls, and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry, and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and work from platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply to be a Millwright now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.