Regional Area: Houston Metro Area
Job Number: JN -042022-6441
CLS is searching for an Operations Manager with a preferred background in an industrial setting. This opportunity is a direct hire in the Houston, TX area, with a company that did not skip a beat in the past few years of economic turmoil. The best candidate will possess industry related experience and the ability to manage a production facility with up to 50 direct employees.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to manage the day-to-day operations of the location. In this position your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage, communicate, and motivate employees to work with high efficiency and ensure the work is completed with time and quality in mind.
• Adhere to and enforce policies and procedures for day-to-day operations. Assist with creating new policies & procedures as needed.
• Manage all aspects of shop activity and maintain production schedule for invoicing.
• Improve communications throughout the organization –maintain constant communications with Management and Supervisors.
• Oversee estimating and scheduling of jobs and products – ensuring that schedules are met, and all quotes are logged.
• Oversee all paperwork associated with shop jobs.
• Ensure that all ISO procedures are followed every time.
• Attend various meetings with management, sales, and customers as needed.
• Work directly with the sales manager to inform sales team of new potential customers as well as activity with existing customers. Work to increase sales. Assist Outside Sales on sales calls as needed.
• Work with Quality Control department to ensure repairs are made to the highest level of quality.
• Oversee Location and Property Maintenance.
• Support Safety Manager in implementing Safety Program.
• Oversee Inside Sales & procedures.
• Oversee purchasing for inventory control and job materials.
• Control credit card use by all employees in the facility & ensure receipts are submitted in a timely manner.
• Maintain petty cash account for location.
• Constantly analyze cost of operations and reduce cost wherever possible.
• Interviewing all hires, analyzing for capabilities and responsibilities, and terminating. Final hiring and terminating decisions need approval from General Manager.
• Allocating job duties to employees according to their capabilities, skill sets, and training levels.
• Must control situation when accidents occur. Notify appropriate personnel and direct employees with proper procedures.
• Travel between Texas and Louisiana locations required.
For additional information, please register now and send your resume to [email protected] Reference JN -042022-6441. A member of our Recruiting team will reach out to applicants with relevant experience to this position. You may check on the status of your application by calling 504-266-2994, opton 6.