Regional Area: Baton Rouge Metro Area
Job Number: JN -092022-7185
CLS is looking for Outside Sales Representatives for our client to cover territories throughout Louisiana. Contract to hire opportunity available for those who put their best feet forward!
· Generate profitable sales orders.
· Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
· Maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company/branch goals in the marketplace.
· Cooperates with qualified suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
· Attends product training classes to develop superior product knowledge to handle customer applications.
· Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates and support personnel; encourages and assists in their training and development when possible.
· Executes sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
· Maintains a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
· Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
· Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, product pricing, etc.
· Assists customers with problem solving, takeoffs, project layout/design and in pricing bills of material and project management.
· Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
· Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
· Coordinates customer returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
· Informs customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives.
· Reporting customer comments to management.
· Routinely communicates schedule to local branch contact.
· Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
· Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
· Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications.
· Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
· Developed knowledge of the industry within a given market.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
· Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
· Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, etc.
Education & Experience:
· 3 years of relevant sales experience
· 3 years of industry experience
· High school diploma required
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Distribution preferred
· Equivalent combined education and on the job experience
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.