Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -112021-5716
CLS is looking for Porters to assume responsibility for general cleaning at a production facility in Harahan, La.
- Clean Plant Production area floors, sweep and mop production area, remove all debris from areas, take all trash bins out to dumpster and safely remove from plant production area.
- Cleans bathrooms when necessary and any other areas assigned, handrails, walls, ledges, equipment, and other surfaces in assigned industrial areas and/or office spaces in prescribed method as directed.
- Performs dust mitigation tasks assigned for the respective work area.
- Performs other associated laboring and cleaning duties such as hauling and handling supplies, picking up and dumping debris, etc. as required.
- Reports issues that can affect various areas of our system as directed by Supervision.
- May support other areas as directed.
- Performs all jobs in accordance with established safety practices and sanitation standards.
- Attention to detail
- Can multi-task and adapt to quick changes
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
Education and Experience:
- High School or Equivalent
- Previous porter and cleaning experience is preferred
- Ability to maintain on single-task focus and situational awareness.
- Ability to lift 50 – 75 pounds on a regular basis. Heavy trash bins and containers
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel, and twist.
- Ability to learn and perform daily cleaning and sanitation cleaning methods.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as needed.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.