Regional Area: New Orleans Metro Area
Job Number: JN -072021-5074
Production Supervisor Requirements
- Direct Reports: Production Line Leads (+/- 2 at any time)
- Trains and manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Production Supervisor Duties/Responsibilities
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery is properly set up, all personnel are accounted for, and all shift goals and all safety information are clearly communicated no later than fifteen (15) minutes prior to the shift.
- Ensure that the line(s) they are assigned to start on time, operate profitably, safely and accomplish the hourly and shift production goals.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment and actively seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop a team of high-performing, direct reports that adhere to all facility policies, hygiene and safety protocols, production goals, and maintain acceptable attendance requirements.
- Maintain a visual, floor-based communications system that informs all personnel of running conditions in real-time.
- Continually refine, improve, and maintain an accurate and meaningful KPI reporting structure.
- Provide timely feedback and corrective action as required in real-time.
- Ensure any and all reporting requirements are met and submitted accurately.
- Other tasks required to achieve facility production goals as assigned by management.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Attention to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to accurately complete reports and logs.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years in a supervisory capacity (manufacturing experience preferred)
Production Supervisor Physical Requirements
- Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel, and twist.
- Must be able to work efficiently in an indoor plant environment with temperatures ranging between 30- and 90-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able and willing to work nights, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.