Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -112021-5732
CLS is looking for Quality Assurance Technicians for our client in Harahan, La! Contract to perm opportunities for those who stand out!
Quality Assurance Technicians perform daily quality activities to assess incoming materials, work in-process, labeling, final inspections, analysis and testing of finished products, and perform sanitation responsibilities.
· Monitoring and recording the packaging of finished food products in a production environment.
· Ensuring compliance with SQF, Kosher, Organic, and other regulatory requirements
· Monitoring GMPs
· Assisting production when quality and safety issues arise.
· Check and test batches prior to release for production.
· Maintain Cleanliness of QA laboratory.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from production personnel and/or managers
· Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
· Ability to problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
· Ability to use basic hand tools, meters, or related items to take product temperatures and lab samples.
· Excellent attention to detail along with willingness to step forward and point out any problems
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Basic understanding of math and science
- Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience working in a food production environment or processing plant.
- Prior HACCP, Food Handler and PCQI training
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP’s) in the food manufacturing industry
· Ability to maintain single task focus and situational awareness.
· Must be able to move and lift up to 40-pound wooden skid or pallet.
· Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.