Regional Area: Houma-Bayou Cane-Thibodaux Metro Area
Job Number: JN -042021-4519
CLS is looking for Sanitation / Warehouse workers in the Houma, LA and New Orleans, LA areas. This national distribution company is in a highly demanded industry and has multiple openings for peak season Warehouse needs. Contract to hire opportunities are available for those who put their best feet forward!
- Performs general janitorial, cleaning and sanitation related job tasks in the warehouse facility, including Dry, Cooler and Freezer areas. May perform similar duties in office areas as assigned. May require operation of pallet jack to transport refuse/trash to appropriate receptacles. General cleaning duties include but are not limited to sweeping, dusting, mopping, trash pick up and use of compactor. Will also operate and maintain a floor sweeper/scrubber.
- May be required to work with and handle cleaning chemicals. Must be a to follow all safety rules and completes all duties as assigned per business needs.
- Completes all work according to company health and safety policies and guidelines. Reports any and all unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to ensure safety of all associates. Is certified to operate all required equipment.
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, mopping, trash pick up and disposal and related janitorial tasks.
- Handles all cleaning chemicals as directed in hazmat material sheets (MSDS).
- Timely and accurate completion of all assigned Pure Safety training modules.
- Completes all assignments and timely and accurately.
- Works in different temperature zones.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
- 3 – 6 Months general sanitation, cleaning and/or janitorial work experience
- Pallet jack experience and ability to be certified
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.