Regional Area: Louisiana All
Job Number: JN -052022-6639
CLS is seeking Forklift Operators for our client in Avondale, La! This person must be safety minded & prior experience operating a forklift. Contract to hire opportunity for those who put their best feet forward!
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Operates equipment such as diesel or gasoline powered forklifts, bulldozers, skid steers or heavy pay loaders, excavators to perform any work for which equipment is designed.
· Maintains housekeeping standards as part of fire safety program or as designated by location staff/management.
· Responsible for checking equipment for damage or repairs needed and reporting information to Maintenance Supervisor or Terminal Manager.
· Make regular inspections of the transport systems and perform minor maintenance tasks such as adjusting and lubricating equipment, cleaning, washing, testing, replacing filters, hoses, and other minor maintenance as necessary to maximize port systems availability and reliability.
· Performs minor maintenance tasks such as repairing, adjusting and lubricating equipment, gauges, valves, hoses, and etc. as necessary to maximize machine availability/reliability and assist maintenance personnel as required.
· Complies with all procedures to ensure governmental, state, and company certification standards are met.
· Performs all duties assigned by the Shift Leader(s), Operations Manager(s), and Terminal Manager to make sure port operations continue without interruption.
· Ensure that safe equipment operating conditions are met before and during operation.
Works closely, as needed, with flaggers when making lifts or rigging equipment or material.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Experience operating forklifts of various types and sizes, in vessel ship holds and barges
· Ability to respond to issues quickly, safely and effectively in a fast-paced, stressful operating environment
· Valid driver’s license and TWIC or ability to obtain a TWIC required
· Ability to work outside in all types of weather
· Must be available to work varied hours, shifts including days/nights/weekends/holidays as required
· Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
· The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
· Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
If your experience meets the qualifications listed, please apply now, and email a current resume to [email protected]. A member of our Operations team will contact applicants with relevant experience and qualifications for the position.