Now Hiring CFO for Complete Logistical Services
Want to build a career with a family-oriented, fast-paced growing company with limitless advancement opportunities and continuous rewards?……look no further!! Complete Logistical Services (CLS) has been growing for over 12 years and we are eagerly supporting our clients’ businesses by adding hard-working, dedicated people to our CLS family! Check out the opportunity below and APPLY NOW for this Internal Position!!!
CLS was voted Best Places to Work! Join Louisiana’s top staffing agency.
About Chief Financial Officer / CFO Job
The Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee the financial and human resources activities of the company. The CFO is responsible for corporate accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting to predict future growth. Additionally, the CFO is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices.
CFO Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Financial and Accounting Operations:
- Oversee all accounting operations including cash flows, billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Administer outsourced financial and accounting functions.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain business processes and accounting policies to support and strengthen internal controls.
- Cultivate business relationships with financial institutions.
Budget Preparation and Financial Forecasts:
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of companywide & departmental annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Research and report financial variances as needed.
- Develop and analyze financial and accounting metrics and report as needed.
Reporting and Compliance:
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance.
- Oversee month-end and year-end close process.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Attend regular training courses & seminars to maintain GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Oversee the daily operations of accounting and human resources personnel
- Conduct performance evaluations for assigned employees
- Hire and train new employees as needed
- Develop strategies for future growth and present to President and SLT
- Develop & maintain company business plan
- Actively participate in Senior Leadership Team functions, meetings, & activities
- Proven executive level work experience;
- Ten (10)+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required; Advanced Degree preferred;
- CPA or CMA preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Extensive experience with creating financial statements;
- Proven experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Results Driven
- Superior Communication
***Competitive Salary, Incentives and Comprehensive Benefits are available to eligible employees and their dependents including health plans, dental, and vision insurance; Voluntary Benefits (Cancer, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, life insurance and LTD), 401(k) with company matching and vesting immediately upon eligibility, fully paid direct primary care and short-term disability, Paid Time Off; Volunteer Time Off, and ten (10) paid holidays per year.***